▸ random ... ♬
Thursday, October 15, 2009
♥ posted at: @7:51 PM
0 wishes // make a wish?


For friends who had messaged me last night, thanks :) you know who you are. I was once being called as 'grass' last time, I guess it was during my form 4. Grass, it looks nothing special, but it does survive bravely despite of the bluster of the wind and rain. I had survived from the previous disaster :)

Okie, let bygones be bygones, tell you something happened in the lab today.
I had my chemistry lab today, where we were going to produce a chemical product. In order to produce this thing, we need to mix chemical A and chemical B together. After mixing these two chemicals, we actually need to cool the mixture to 15 degree celcius, and then heat it up again and maintain its temperature at around 65 degree celcius.
This mixture is very exothermic, which means it produces lots of heat after mixing. So while my group members and I were heating the mixture, we were actually chatting happily there. Suddenly one of my group members was like "eh you see why got gas come out one?" and then we realized the temperature of mixture was increasing dramatically from 30+ to 80+ degree celcius. Very quickly we removed the mixture from the hot water bath and we put it aside. Then, all of us started to move away from the flask, and stared on it with our eyes opened very big, because the mixture started to boil vigorously in a sudden.
"yer why like this one?" "how? how?" "what happen?" - everyone was in fear, not knowing what to do and worrying the thing might get exploded. After a while, Dr Yue came near to us and actually praising us smart because we did not hold the thing with our hands. He thought we actually knew how exothermic is the mixture and purposely put the mixture aside for it to cool down. HAHA. SO FUNNY. The mixture stabilized after 5-10 minutes I think and we continued with our experiment then.

Here it goes my lab today, haha.

Last semester's result is going to be released tomorrow, shall blog on this tomorrow. If you don't see me blogging tomorrow, you should know I might fail my papers.

Ok. Bye.

Labels: , ,


◂◂ travel back in time ♪ // back to top \\ ♪ back to the future ▸▸
© All Rights Reserved 2011